Hinckley and Bosworth site

Wednesday, 29-Jan-2020
Home>Who Can Use the Service

Who Can Use the Service

Who Can Apply?

Anyone over the age of 16 can apply to join the register. You do not have to live in the Hinckley and Bosworth area to apply but for most vacancies priority will be given to people who have got a connection to the district.

You need to complete an application form and have it assessed. Apply on-line here or download a printable application form  to fill in and return to us.

The application form covers applications for Council or Housing Association rented homes, low cost home ownership homes (HomeBuy) or both. Paper copies of the form are also available from the Council's offices and local housing associations. 

Before your application can be approved you will need to provide proof of identity and proof of address. You can do this by sending us copies of suitable documents or bringing the originals to our office to be checked. Some people will also have to show us copies of other documents. Details are on the application form.

Before you are offered a property you may be asked to provide further information to support your application. We will tell you what documents to provide and when to provide them. 

Who cannot apply?

You cannot use this service if you have not completed an application and been accepted onto the housing register.

There are also some people who will not, by law, be allowed to join the housing register. These are:

  • Some people who are subject to Immigration Control under the 1996 Asylum and Immigration Act
  • People from abroad who are not subject to immigration control but who are not habitually resident in the UK, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or the Republic of Ireland
  • People (including members of their household) whose previous behaviour makes them unsuitable to be a tenant

For more detailed information contact Housing/Customer Services.

Site powered by Abritas  |  Cookie policy